The oppositional hydro dynamic cavitation chopper with an innovative system for converting rotational motion into rotationally-back translational motion refers to a piston – type cavitator where the piston moves simultaneously, both reverse – translational and in the rotational direction around its axis.
Reverse translational piston motion passes in impulse mode under the action of springs. The system of converting rotational motion into reverse translational motion is designed in such a way so that not creating significant friction from the contacting parts. The frequency, speed and pressure of the liquid medium passing through the holes in the pistons are significantly increased. In addition, the liquid medium in the device also moves in the rotational direction and is divided into two opposite streams, impulsively interact with each other, resulting in a significantly increased cavitation value and efficiency of the device.
The shredder performs:
- Processing with the disposal of solid and liquid waste including chemically hazardous, into a liquid fuel. When MSW is crushed in chemically contaminated wastewater in cavitation mode, the entire substance is shredded to particles up to 5 µm. Also, the entire mass of the liquid substance is disinfected under the pressure of cavitation. Chemically hazardous substances that may not have enough time to completely experience disinfection will be dissolved in a large amount of liquid fuel and subsequently destroyed by the combustion of fuel at a temperature above 1000 degrees Celsius.
- Processing of food waste, agriculture, animal residues, poultry, sludge from treatment facilities in a high quality substance for biogas production.
- Produces bio-diesel fuel
- It grinds the straw to a colloidal state with subsequent production of ethanol, biogas, and high-quality paper from the crushed substance.
- It recycles waste paper to obtain raw materials for high-quality paper, that will ensure the production of paper products in an environmentally friendly and cheap way.
- It processes raw materials to produce cement by wet method, followed by the production of cement of higher quality at a lower price.
- It produces high-quality food for birds and livestock.
- It produces water-oil and water-coal fuel.
- Produces water-oil mastic for roofs, waterproofing, asphalt coating.
- The equipment for activation of cement mortar with the subsequent reception of concretes of high grade is used.
- Creates homogeneous high-quality emulsions to produce paints, etc.
Constructive description (short version)
On the picture below one sees two identical mechanisms, oppositely connected through the flanges and spring-loaded central shafts in them with perforated discs (pistons) of green colour fixed on the ends, which in the process of operation of the device perform synchronous impulse back translational movements relative to each other and rotate around their axes in opposite directions relative to each other.
The internal space between the disks is a working area where a liquid substance is moved through the upper pipe, which in the process of repeated compression and stretching is subjected to mechanical and cavitation processing under the action of working disks turns into a crushed, finely dispersed, homogeneous, highly stable, multicomponent emulsion, with modified particles of solid and liquid waste with a size of 0.5 - 5.0 µm.
The emulsion ready is taken through the lower pipe.
The results obtained:
- The technology for conversion liquid and solid waste into liquid heating oil was developed and an application for an invention patent in Ukraine was submitted as well as a positive feedback for the patent issue was obtained.
- A new method for converting rotational motion into rotational-inverse forward motion is developed, its prototype is created and tested. An application for an invention patent in Ukraine is submitted.
- A device with design documentation for solid particles grinding in a liquid medium to a size of 5 micrometers has been developed basing on the method of converting rotational motion into rotational-inverse forward motion and application for an invention patent in Ukraine was submitted.
- Main nodes and parts of the device are performed and tested.
Technical characteristics of the chopper in minimal dimensions (the unit is scalable and can be performed in any size). The model of the chopper currently developed is:
- Dimensions with peripherals (engines): 2000х400х1000 millimetres..
- Mass: 150 kg..
- Volume of the working chamber: 6..
- Total rotational speed of working disks: 5570 rmp..
- The total number of impulses in the opposite movement of the working discs: 3000 за 1 min..
- The initial size of the raw material in diameter is up to 50 mm..
The approximate weight of the conversed raw materials is 20 kg/ hour., that per day of device operation will be 480 kg.. The actual mass of waste to be disposed of will be 30% higher due to the separation of solid non-combustible substances and dissolved food residues.
The approximate volume of finished products (liquid fuel) is 480 kg per day.
Detailed version with step-by-step explanation of design features and interaction of individual mechanisms with each other
Device is schematically shown in the drawings (fig.1), (fig. 2), (fig. 3) and (fig. 4). (fig. 1) shows its longitudinal section, (fig. 2) shows the top view in the section, (fig. 3) shows the front view, (fig. 4) shows the forcer.
The device consists of a case 1, bearings 2 rigidly secured to the case 1, the compression packing 3, slotted bushings 4 mounted in the bearings 2, the working shaft 5 mounted in slotted bushings 4, bracings 6 on the working shafts 5, slotted sections 7, arranged on the shafts 5, round gears 8 that communicate with each other, the wheels 9, angular contact bearings 11, rigidly fixed on the working shafts 5, the conical nozzles 10, rigidly mounted on thrust bearings 11, the shaft 13 side and drive side shafts 12, which wheel 9 and gear 8 are rigidly mounted on, bearings 14 are inserted into opposite ends diagonally in the wheels 9, spring 15, put on the working shafts 5, the stops 16, rigidly fixed to the case 1, the drive shafts 17 in the middle of which slow grooves in accordance with the spline grooves 7 of the plots are made, shafts 5 are mounted, the bearing 18, rigidly secured to the case 1 where shafts 17 are mounted in, bearings 19 are rigidly fixed to the case 1, where side shafts 12 and 13 are mounted. There are 20 rolling shafts, which are installed in bearings 14. Cylinder 21 with blades 29, which are rigidly fixed to the inner side, pistons 22 with holes 28 and blades 30 which are close to the blades 29 with the condition of free rotation around its axis of the forcers 22. The intake pipe 23, the outlet pipe 24. Identical gears 25 fixed to the drive shafts 12, identical gears 26 and 27 are fixed to the intermediate shafts (not specified in the drawing) with the condition of their interaction between themselves and the gears 25.
The device works as follows.
The liquid medium through the branch pipe 23 is fed into the middle of the cylinder 21 with blades 29. On the drive shafts 17, in opposite directions relative to each other, the torque is supplied, which through the slots 7 is transmitted to the working shafts 5 installed in them, as a result the forcers 22 in the cylinder 21 receive a rotational movement around their axis in opposite directions as to each other. At the same time, one of the drive side shafts 12 is supplied with a clearly directed torque, which is transmitted through the round gears 25, 26 and 27 to the other drive shaft 12 and then through the gears 8 is transmitted to the shafts 13 as a result the wheels 9 start to rotate synchronously around their axes in the opposite direction from each other and in the direction of the cone nozzles 10 only, consequently the rolling shafts 20, on both sides of the shafts 5, synchronously engage with the cone nozzles 10, this in turn leads to the movement of the working shafts 5 with springs 15 in the spline grooves 7 and spline bushings 4 and drive shafts 17 to the upper dead points. At this point, the forcers 22 perform a synchronous impulse movement towards each other and a rotational movement in opposite directions relative to each other, where the liquid medium in the cylinder 21 repeatedly passes through the holes 28 and the blades 29 with the blades 30 simultaneously subjected to significant versatile loads, where the cavitation process takes place. After cavitation treatment, the liquid medium moves through the nozzle 24 from the cylinder 21.
Further, the work cycles are repeated.